The symptoms of spondylosis include:
- Neck stiffness and pain
- Headache that may originate in the neck
- Pain in the shoulder or arms
- Inability to fully turn the head or bend the neck, sometimes interfering with driving
- Grinding noise or sensation when the neck is turned
- Tingling, numbness, and/or weakness in the arms, hands, legs, or feet
- Lack of coordination and difficulty walking
- Abnormal reflexes
- Muscle spasms
- Loss of control over bladder and bowel (incontinence)
Imaging tests and nerve function tests are performed.
Imaging tests include computerized tomography scan (CT scan), Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), X-rays, Myelogram.
Nerve Function Tests include electromyogram (EMG), Nerve conduction study.
The treatment includes:
- Physical therapy
- Muscle relaxants, such as cyclobenzaprine, to treat muscle spasms
- Narcotics, such as hydrocodone, for pain relief
- Anti-seizure drugs, such as gabapentin, to relieve pain caused by nerve damage
- Steroid injections, such as prednisone, for pain relief
For more details visit the following website