Aging may feel painful if you are conscious about the looks. Although it’s natural, most of us abhor it for wrinkles and fine lines it brings on the skin. Our skin loses their charm and we gradually start appearing older.
Nobody can stop ageing process, but yes, wrinkles and fine lines can be minimized. In fact, you can also slow the formation of wrinkles and maintain a youthful and refreshing look for longer. Thanks to anti-wrinkle products, staying young is no longer only a dream.
Before understanding how such creams work, it’s better to know the common causes of wrinkles -
- Wrinkles will usually develop or appear in the areas that have maximum exposure to the sun, e.g. the hands, neck, forearms
- Wrinkles or fine lines happen for different factors, never by just one factor only
- Normal ageing process and exposure to the sun are two of the biggest factors causing wrinkles
- Smoking also impairs blood supply to the skin therefore causes wrinkles
- Heredity is also a factor in causing wrinkles prematurely
- The excessive use of facial expressions can also lead to the formation of wrinkles on a premature basis
Should you trust anti-wrinkle creams?
Yes, you should because these creams are effective to some extent. They have all the ingredients that slow down wrinkle formation and help you maintain a youthful and supple appearance for longer.
Here are some of the reasons to trust these creams -
- Even science says these creams are good when it comes to stopping the formation of wrinkles or fine lines
- Several studies have been done in different parts of the globe and the results are the same: anti-wrinkle creams have positive effects
- However, their effectiveness will depend on the ingredients and the time of use (how long the cream was used)
- No manufacturers will however claim big with their products as the best results will happen with regular use of the products, and it may take time
Key ingredients of anti-wrinkle creams
Before buying an anti-wrinkle cream, you first need to know all its key ingredients as this will help in choosing the best product in the market.
Here is the list of key ingredients of an anti-wrinkle cream should include -
- AHA and BHA for working an as exfoliants, removing dead skin cells and stimulating the growth of new skin
- Retinol to act as an antioxidant and also for helping skin produce healthier skin cells
- Vitamin C to work effectively as a powerful antioxidant and protecting skin from sun damages
- Coenzyme Q10 for minimizing the harms of sun exposure and also reducing wrinkles around the eyes
- Hyaluronic acid for moisturizing the skin, and Niacinamide for boosting skin elasticity and working as an antioxidant
- Peptides for reducing wrinkles and stretch marks; and grape seed extract for working as an antioxidant
What to check before buying an anti-wrinkle cream?
Choosing the right anti-wrinkle cream is never easy. You have to see through things, read the ingredient list and then check the manufacturer's reliability.
Here are some of the things to look for while choosing an anti-wrinkle cream -
1. Research the ingredient
Anti-wrinkle creams are supposed to have active ingredients. You may not know them all, but a quick search on the web can help you know all those key ingredients that generally make up such creams. So, stick to the standard items and analyse their presence and proportion in the cream.
2. Check reviews & prices
Product reviews on the web can help clear a lot of doubts and confusion. Don’t just stay stuck to the review or testimonials on the official site; dig deeper and look for unbiased sources. And yes, don’t believe that price in any way is an indicator of quality.
3. Buy a multi-purpose anti-wrinkle cream
It’s always recommended to buy a cream that severs multiple purposes together. So, how about a cream that not only reduces wrinkles but also helps even out the skin tone? To top it all, it’s always important to buy the cream from a top and reliable manufacturer or brand. This keeps the risk element to lower levels.
Clearly, buying anti-wrinkle or anti ageing cream needs some information and a little bit of research which you should be ready for as this ensures the best and most effective product for your requirements.