When you get home after implant surgery, you better take the rest of the day calmly.
In the first hours after surgery, your gums may bleed a little. Putting gauze in the area will help reduce the frequency of bleeding, which should end at the end of the day. If not, contact the dental clinic immediately.
Dental Implant Recovery Time:
One of the first symptoms that you notice after a dental implant procedure is a bit of discomfort around the area, particularly once anesthesia loses its effect.
To prevent this from happening, you should start taking the medication that the implantologist has prescribed to control the pain immediately after finishing the dental implant procedure.
It is also normal for you to suffer some bruises and swelling for the first few days. These are side effects of surgery that should not be a problem unless they persist or get worse. Normally, both effects begin to reduce after a week and usually do not last more than 10-14 days in total.
Care After Dental Implant Surgery:
Once you have performed an implantology procedure, it is important to follow some recommendations to avoid having pain in your dental implants or any other complication after dental surgery.
The postoperative period does not usually present major complications as long as you follow the recommendations of Propdental implantologists.
- Keep the gauze that has been placed tight for 30-60 minutes.
- Apply local cold to the outside area intermittently for half an hour.
- Do not eat or drink hot drinks until you have regained sensitivity in the anesthetized area. Do not chew with the implant area and avoid hard foods.
- Avoid any physical effort for a week (body exercise, heavy lifting, sports, etc.).
- Avoid vigorous rinsing during the first hours so as not to lift clots and cause bleeding if you must rinse after the first day.
- In case of bleeding, take dry compact gauze and apply it to the area by pressing with your mouth closed for more 15 or 20 minutes.
- Post-operative pain may occur that usually subsides with the prescribed treatment.
- Try to maintain good hygiene in the wound. Carefully brush the intervened area, the suture in the mouth and surrounding teeth and then rinse with mouthwash and you can also apply a gel with chlorhexidine in the area of dental surgery.
- You can also use salt water rinses after a dental implant to help keep the area of the dental surgery procedure clean.
- It is normal according to the degree of dental implant surgery a swelling or postoperative hematoma that is maximum between 24 to 72 hours, and that remits spontaneously.
- Hold a semi-sitting position and sleep with two pillows under the mattress.
- Start taking the prescribed medication suggested by the dental implant clinic right after the dental implant procedure.
- Go to the best dentist in India to remove the points of the dental implants on the day indicated. Normally the suture in the mouth is removed a week.
- The recovery time of dental implants varies depending on the particular case. And depending on the degree of surgery it may take more or less to heal the dental implant.
How is the process after dental implant surgery?
Dental implant surgery is a simple procedure that is done in the dental clinic under local anesthesia and/or sedation. And that is done after diagnosis and planning in Propdental.
After the dental implant procedure, it is important to follow the correct instructions to avoid pain, and postoperative complications and minimize the chances of treatment failure.
Also, it must be taken into account that after the postoperative period of the dental implants that usually last 7 days with the removal of the stitches. You have to wait 4 to 6 months for osseointegration and be able to place the crown on the implant or permanent fixed tooth.
The day of dental implant surgery:
The process of dental implant surgery is a simple procedure when properly planned by the implantologist. For this, previously a clinical and radiological diagnosis is always made in the dental clinic.
The implantology procedure is done under local anesthesia and can also be done using conscious sedation for your comfort.
If you need information about dental implants such as tooth implant cost, do not hesitate to get in touch with a dental implant clinic.